Three months after checking into a luxurious hotel in Accra, the Commissioner of the Commission on Human Rights and Administrative Justice (CHRAJ), Ms Lauretta Vivian Lamptey looks set to remain in this ‘temporary’ accommodation for a little while longer.
Here are 5 tips to help the honourable Commissioner make her $456-a-day luxury suite feel every inch like her former $5,500-a-month rented home.
1. Displaying a picture of a friend next to your bedside lamp is a good way to give your hotel room that ‘home away from home’ feel. This can also be seen as a sign of appreciation to a friend who has kept her in the job despite the odds.
2. Displaying a picture of the hard working taxpayers funding your stay at this $456-a-day hotel will undoubtedly help you sleep at night.
3. Playing your favourite music will help you to relax and settle in. This upmarket hotel will certainly have a docking station, so feel free to plug in your phone and dance away to your favourite tune, ‘Yentie Obiaa.’
4. A comfortable outfit to wear during your downtime will also help you sleep comfortably at night. Try one of these t-shirts; specially designed to help you sleep comfortably even when lying on a tree trunk.
5. Finally, a good book to read while unwinding will help make your luxury suite feel very much like a home away from home. How about the Holy Bible while you ponder how many Ghanaian lives you can change with $456?